THE EXPORT QUALITY FOR SAWDUST BRIQUETTE CHARCOAL
Sawdust briquette charcoal had undergone three decades (at least) of revolution. Other than
a handful of countries as Korea, Japan, Taiwan and the producing countries for the product,
the global recognition and popularity does not exist despite of its superb quality. Maybe there
were no or too little promotion and introduction of products by any of the manufacturer.
The quality of sawdust briquette charcoal are unofficially set among buyers and producers
without any written references. This is the reasons why buyers will only purchase the product
from the established and reputated producers with term of mutual understanding. Nevertheless,
the guideline for the quality of sawdust briquette charcoal can be summarised as follows:-
- Smokeless - the product should burn without any smoke or fume
during the initial ignition and during the burning duration.
- Low Ash Content - minimum residual of ash is allowed, nothing more
than 5% of the original weight of the charcoal is acceptable.
- Higher fixed carbon - unless the charring temperature is high, else
the fixed carbon will be low as there are still plentiful of unevaporated substances found in the charcoal.
- Odorless - well charred charcoal will have minimum evaporative substances
within the charcoal, thus eliminating the possibility of odor.
- Longer burning hours - the charcoal must burn longer compared to any of its
counterpart, as a guideline, two times as long compared to the hardwood charcoal.
- Higher calorific value - the minimum heating value of the charcoal should be
7,500KCal/Kg or better.
- Low volatile - the volatile content must be low, else the charcoal will burn
with long flame and smoke/fume.
- Chemical/binder free - the charcoal is produced with untreated (chemically)
timber waste and void of binder. The charcoal is specially recommended for barbecue purposes, contamination
of the food will be unpleasant. Laboratory analysis are usually the responsibilities of the manufacturers.
- Higher burning temperature - the producer will have to ensure their charcoal
is charred at high temperature so the remains (true charcoal) will only burn at higher temperature. Only with
higher temperature, the original taste of traditional barbecue will not be lost.
- Sparkless - the charcoal must not produce spark as their counterpart,
the hardwood charcoal during burning. Any spark during barbecue will pose a danger to anyone who are
participating in the barbecue function especially those who prefer indoor barbecue.
The unique shape of the sawdust briquette charcoal, shaped bar with a centre hole
will allow a thorough charring process. The stringent quality requirement as laid out by most buyers is easily met.
Carbon content comparison by electric conductivity
PROCESS INTEGRATOR (M) SDN BHD
All rights reserved